Reserve your spot on the volunteer installation crew!
Help make the benefits of solar power accessible to families in need while learning new skills and having fun outside. Gain hands-on solar experience and network with others interested in renewable energy, the environment, and our communities. Give back to your community and improve the air quality. No experience, special skills, or tools needed!!! Women, Veterans, and Active Military members welcome. We have training across Santa Barbara and San Luis Obispo Counties. Also, if you are interested in a career in solar, this will give you the hands-on experience you seek and need.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Array/Roof Tasks
- Job Site Safety
- Fall Protection
- Array Layout
- Racking Installation
- Microinverter Installation
- Module Installation
- Electrical Tasks
- Electrical Safety
- Electrical Layout and Mounting
- Conduit Bending and Installation
- Electrical Wiring
- Monitoring and Communication
- Desire to start a career in the solar industry, interest in renewables, and/or seeking community service opportunities
- General construction knowledge/experience
- Basic electrical knowledge
- Ability to lift 50 pounds
- Ability to work outdoors for up to 8 hours
- Ability to climb up a ladder and work on a roof
Interested candidates should attend our next Online Volunteer Orientation on July 20th at 4:00 pm
HOW TO START:
- Go to www.gridalternatives.org/get-involved/volunteer and submit an application.
- Log into your GRID account and select an orientation date from the project calendar.
- After you have attended an orientation, select installs you would like to participate in from the online project calendar.
For questions or more information call Luis at 831-784-8548 firstname.lastname@example.org